This song was written by Ernest Ball and Karen Brennan in 1919. Dick Haymes recorded the song in 1944. Ringo Starr recorded his version of the song in 1970. It was recorded at EMI Studios and was produced by George Martin. Ringo Starr was backed by the George Martin Orchestra and his version was arranged by Les Reed. It was released on Ringo Starr’s album Sentimental Journey in 1970.