This song was written by Allan Roberts and Doris Fisher in 1944. It was first recorded by The Mills Brothers. Ringo Starr recorded his version of the song in 1970. It was recorded at De Lane Lea Studios in London and was produced by George Martin. Ringo Starr’s version was arranged by John Dankworth and Ringo Starr was backed by the George Martin Orchestra. The song was released in 1970 on Ringo Starr’s album Sentimental Journey.