This song was written by Jimmy McHugh and Dorothy Fields in 1930. It was first recorded by Roger Wolfe Kahn and His Orchestra in 1930. Nina Simone recorded the song in 1959. Since then the song has been recorded by Sam Cooke, Areatha Franklin, and Georgie Fame among others. Doris Troy recorded the song in 1970. Her version was produced by George Harrison and Doris Troy and features Billy Preson on keyboards. It was released on the 1970 album Doris Troy.