This British music hall song was written in 1907 by John A. Glover-Kind. It was made famous by Mark Sheridan who recorded it in 1909. It became associated with Blackpool in the 1930s when it became the signature tune of Reginald Dixon, the resident organist at the Tower Ballroom.
John Lennon sang a few lines of the song during the 1964 TV special Around The Beatles. The song was played by John Lennon during a melody in the late seventies. His father, Alf Lennon, performed the song live at Casey’s Court Circus when he was thirteen. The title of the Suzy and the Red Stripes’ song B-side To Seaside takes it’s name from this song. Suzy and The Red Stripes was a pseudonym used by Wings.
Now Hear This : B-side To Seaside – Suzy and The Red Stripes (1977)